Sunday, March 3, 2013

I'll be waiting...I'll be waiting


 I just realized that besides my profile picture, which is years old, some of my readers have probably never seen me.  That's me below (with a little red eye - hey, I am a busy woman).  Yes, I've started to realize that outside of work, I've let my friendships lag, and that I can't wait until retirement to do the things I want to do.  That is part of the reason I started this blog, to pursue some passions while I'm still young but also to network and make some friendships that aren't work related.  Hoping that birds of a feather flock together.



































So I joined the American Sewing Guild a while back and immediately started scoping out the neighborhood groups.  I don't want to offend anyone on this blog but I have to say.....I feel like I must be an old soul sometimes.  I see blogs out there where the sewers are young but I swear every sewing class I take, and every time I go to my local sewing store, or the sewing area of Joanne's, I seem to be the youngest person there.  Doesn't bother me a bit in the world but I really want a sewing buddy.  And it's not that I couldn't get to be great friends with one of these older women....but honestly, they are usually already retired, kids have moved out so they have all the time in the world, and are more interested in quilting than anything else.  It just seems that they are in a different life phase than me...maybe I've got it all wrong.

I don't feel like an old soul in this top - sassy!  

I went to one local neighborhood meeting, and the ladies were so nice and it really is going to be great!  But I still was the youngest in the room and I could tell that that half of them hang out and work on projects all day while I am at work......grumble, grumble, yes I am jealous.


































I've posted on Craigslist personals, I get folks that want me to help them learn to sew (maybe but I really want a fellow sewer).  Or folks that want me to sew something for them.  I have joined some social sites and a few folks have responded (and may turn out to be great friends) but no contacts with someone who has sewing (and up-cycling) on the brain like I do.

I've commented on some of the blogs I follow (that is where all the younger folks are hiding apparently) and I just know that we'd be the best of friends.... if we lived in the same area.

Then I went to the American Sewing Guild Annual meeting for the Maryland Chapter a while back.  It was great too and I finally was not the youngest in the room, although we made up a small minority.  It was so inspirational to see all the projects that people displayed in the fashion show.  These folks are real professionals!  I am so glad I went and I hope that I'll use these contacts to keep inspired and on task.

I don't even really think the age thing is an issue.....heck I am middle age, I just have young kids because I started later.  I just need someone who is understanding of a full time job, young kids, disorganized mind, poor time management, and more ideas than time.  Who cares about age anyway?

See that mind so disorganized that I forgot to wear leggings and forgot to smile.  No really, these are all photos from where I posted an ad selling clothing lots on ebay.

I just wish I had a buddy to work on projects with....a sewing sister.  A person that would hang out at my place to sew on a Saturday night, or would call to say, "get over here and help me get this darn zipper in straight".  So if you are out there, in the Baltimore area, I'm here.....I'll be waiting.....I'll be waiting....

That was a "Raising Arizona" reference, in case you're wondering.  If you got it right off AND you're local, we most definitely need to meet.

This post was focused on sewing but as you can see from my previous posts, I am into home decor, upcycling, thriftstores and refashioning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment