Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More famed fabric


I've posted some of the ways I've used fabric in frames before.  Well here are some new editions, in my sewing room.  Such a loud color on the wall allowed me to play around more with the contrasts I chose to use.  This was one of the rooms that I had started painting and my Mama helped me to finish it while she was here.  

THIS WAS A SKIRT.  Just a simple cotton.  BOY DO THOSE POPPIES POP!  I'll use the other half to embellish something for the daughter.


THIS WAS A LADIES LARGE SIZE BLOUSE.  It is a sheer fabric so it gives it a watercolor look.  LOVE IT!!!!



Another cotton piece with the butterflies.  JUST A SCRAP of fabric left over from a top I made for the daughter.

I've since let that twin office chair go to the thrift store. Those were bought at a hotel resale furniture store.  This was one of the situations where I wanted to have two separate chairs, one for the sewing machine and one for the serger, but I just don't have the room.  One of these days...


DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE!




I don't know if you can see it very well, but the green stripes on the back of the shelves?......those are bamboo place-mats from the Dollar Tree.  Cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment