Saturday, October 25, 2014

Three from one sundress

I started out with this extra large ladies sundress.  I loved the fabric and the fact that I could play up the color in so many different ways.


It is a thin gauzy summer fabric so it has a matching lining.  


Besides the lace detailing, the back is ruched elastic so I'll be reusing both of those.

I ended up with two girls dresses and a maxi skirt.  Notice that these have three layers and the original had four.  I just cut away the upper layer on the original so I could use it for the bodice.  The original skirt was cut in half right up the middle.  Making the maxi skirt from the slip was a no brainer, just added the elastic.







































I used the lace detail from the waistband to make the back for one. And I reused the ruched elastic as the back for the other one.  I even kept the original pink loops on the straps, only having to add the ribbon for new straps on one.

Neither of these has an underlining now so they are definitely for summer or at least leggings.



And this is all that was left.  I'd say pretty good upcycling.




No comments:

Post a Comment